The KOMA Elektronik SVF-201 is a state variable filter for the Eurorack modular synthesizer system. Its filter circuit is built up with optical parts (Vactrols) therefor delivering excellent studio audio quality and an unique warm analogue sound. The module uses parallel mounted PCBs so it can be used in skiffs as well as in big cases, the total depth is less than 4 cm. The unit comprises 4 audio outputs that can be used independently of each other at the same time, a High Pass, Band Pass, Low Pass and the unique first ever CV’able Mix Out. The Mix Out out let’s you sweep continuously through the other three outputs by means of a knob and control voltage.
The SVF-201 offers an amazing sounding filter together with a well designed user friendly surface; a professional feeling inviting you to play it real good.
- 259,00 EUR for EU customers (incl. 19% VAT)
- 214,05 EUR for non-EU customers.
- The SVF-201 ships insured with tracking worldwide for 5,50 EUR via Deutsche Post.
WHO’S USING THE SVF-201?
Jimmy Edgar is an established player in the Detroit and Berlin techno scene. He is not only a great music producer (releases on Warp Records, !K7, Poker Flat, etc.) and an awarded fashion photographer, he is also a modular synthesizer fanatic. His obsession for analogue electronics made him and us come together. Check out his new record Majenta and dance!
“I love this filter. And the addams family movie design is cool, reminds me a bit of david lynch design!” - Jimmy Edgar
Jimmy Edgar made a nice video of his SVF-201 in his studio synth:
- 4 audio outputs:
- Low Pass
- Band Pass
- High Pass
- Mix Out
- 1 audio input with attenuator / adjustable gain
- CV input for Cutoff with attenuator
- CV input for Resonance with attenuator
- CV input for Mix Out with attenuator
- The Mix Out attenuator acts as a normalized CV source if nothing is patched into the Select CV input
- Large 30mm, full aluminum knob for Cutoff with white backlight (a jumper on the PCB lets you turn it off)
- Large 20mm, full aluminum knob for Resonance
- Size: 12HP (60,60mm)
- Interface: 2mm white powder coated aluminum front plate + silkscreen printing
MODIFY YOUR SVF-201 WITH THE KOMA HACK/MOD
For all the DIY’ers out there, we released a special “Christmas Hack”: this hack makes it possible to let the backlight behind the Cutoff knob change in brightness corresponding to the Control Voltage you send into the Cutoff CV Input! Yes: that-is-pretty-cool!* Please check the video for more information!
* By executing this mod you are VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY. When you are not sure about your soldering expertise, please ask an experienced solderer to do it for you!
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE SVF-201?