THIS PRODUCT IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT
MORE UPDATES SOON!
From Christian Zollner, KOMA’s engineer:
We are deep into the development of a new product we are planning to release in the beginning of next year. What we’re working on is a new module for the eurorack synthesizer system and it will be a Tap Tempo Module, called the TP-301! We really feel the need for a dedicated tap tempo module to send out clock signals and we got a lot of questions about it from our customers to make it, and make it good. We spent A LOT of time on looking for a proper tap button and we found a very special one from one of our suppliers. According to the information from our supplier, nobody has used this button before in Europe and we are in possession of one of the two samples that are circulating in Europe at this very moment; and what a button it is!
- TAP: Large, high quality tap button. Tap to create a clocksignal. Illuminated ring around the knob shows the clock beating. Your tapped clock will be quantified to the closest integer bpm time when in LOCK mode.
- TEMPO: Adjust the tapped tempo for +/-10bpm in 1.0 increases when in LOCK mode, adjust the tapped tempo in +/-10bpm in 0.1 increases when in FREE mode.
- BPM: Shows the tempo in beats per minute. A small dot lights up when in FREE mode, reminding you the reading is not accurate.
- LENGTH: There is an additional output for a second clock signal. Set the length of the additional/shuffled clock out, start of gate signal synced to clock – beat accurate. There are three ranges on the knob, by turning the knob from fully CCW to fully CW you are going through the following settings:
- - 16th with 10% PW going to 16th with 90% PW; then switching to:
- - 8th with 10% PW goint to 8th with 90% PW; then switching to:
- - 8th trioles with 10% PW going to 8th trioles with 90% PW.
- The 8th with 50% PW are in the middle of the range.
- SHUFFLE: Move the shuffled output before or after the tapped clock output; rasterized in the middle of the potentiometer for making it easier to be exactly on time.
- In any mode if you press the TAP button for 5s the TEMPO knob can be used to set a free running tempo range from 40bpm to 240bpm.
INPUTS & OUTPUTS
- TEMPO: CV input for Tempo adjustment, create changing tempi.
- SHUFFLE: CV input for changing the amount/direction of shuffle/groove.
- RESET: Back to bar 1.
- LENGTH: CV input for the length/setting of the shuffled clock out.
- CLK OUT: Main Clock out.
- ADD OUT: The additional output.
- 12 HP width
- 2 mm white powder coated front plate with black silkscreen printing
So that’s what we are working on so far! We are still in the development phase so some things might change, no guarantee given here, but this is the general outline and we are super excited about it! We are also planning on an extension module that will give you MIDI/USB/DIN connectivity, but more about these plans later!